Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena (Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team) resumed their charge through Day Two’s six stages and 110.78km of the World Rally Championship’s Rallye Monte Carlo.
As with Day One, Sebastien Ogier/Julien Ingrassi (Volkswagen Motorsport) was once again hounding his countryman, but the surprise runner of the day was Evgeniy Novikov and co-driver Ilka Minor (Qatar M-Sport World Rally Team). the 23-year-old Russian ace is the fastest of the Ford entrants and ended Day Two in fourth place overall. He is within attacking range of Dani Sordo (who is making a spectacular return to the factory Citroën Racing squad), and over the next two days it will be a thrilling contest.
Here is the Rallye Monte Carlo overall standings after Day Two:
01) S. Loeb (Citroën DS3 WRC) – 03h 16m 29.1s
02) S. Ogier (Volkswagen Polo R WRC) + 01m 35.0s
03) D. Sordo (Citroën DS3 WRC) + 02m 38.0s
04) E. Novikov (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 02m 53.2s
05) M. Hirvonen (Citroën DS3 WRC) + 03m 22.7s
06) J-M. Latvala (Volkswagen Polo R WRC) + 03m 43.2s
07) J. Hanninen (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 04m 11.3s
08) B. Bouffier (Citroën DS3 WRC) + 05m 45.8s
09) M. Ostberg (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 05m 49.0s
10) M. Prokop (Ford Fiesta RS WRC) + 14m 15.6s