“The car ran faultlessly”, a jubilant Stewart Reid exclaimed after finishing on top of this year’s classic score sheet in the first round of the ARC last weekend.
Reid, who runs SR Automotive in Kippa Ring a suburb of Brisbane, is “living the dream” of driving one of rallying’s most iconic rally cars.
Reid’s RS1800 is the same specification as the RS 1800 of WRC World Champion Mikko Hirvonen and is built by leading specialists, Historic Rallysport in the UK.
Continue reading Reid takes the Classic Crown at Quit Forest Rally
The Team Hyundai Rallye in action - Picture by Team Hyundai Rallye.
Team Hyundai Rallye, driving the Hyundai Genuine Parts & Accessories sponsored i30 diesel, has impressed once again with a swag of wins in the latest round of the Australian Rally Championship held in the Barossa wine region of South Australia last weekend.
Continue reading i30 tastes victory in the Barossa
The best rally car drivers from Asia, the Pacific and Australia are preparing for a high-stakes battle on the Queensland Sunshine Coast following dramatic outcomes in the latest rounds of two major championships to be hosted by the International Rally of Queensland later this month.
Continue reading Drivers in two championships ready for high-stakes International Rally of Queensland
ARC: Coffs Coast Rally Overall Results:
01) Evans/Evans (Subaru Impreza WRX) – 01h 09m 09,3s
02) Quinn/Green (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX) + 02m 08,1s
03) Smart/Smart (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) + 04m 14,8s
04) Boaden/Cheers (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX) + 05m 08,5s
05) Fullerton/Reardon-Smith (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX) + 09m 45,0s
06) Bailey/Earley (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII) + 12m 20,0s
07) Berne/Best (Subar Impreza RS) + 14m 39,7s
08) Gillet/Smith (Hyundai i30 Diesel) + 16m 22,7s